The NSW Department of Education has released a roadmap to help parents and carers navigate the return to school in coming weeks.
The online guidelines for families can be found here and the Roadmap to Return can be downloaded below:
The Department is leading the staged return in consultation with NSW Health and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee.
Students will return to face-to-face learning with NSW Health-approved COVID-safe settings on school sites in the following order:
- from 18 October – department preschools, Kindergarten, Year 1
- from 25 October – all remaining year groups.
Students completing their HSC are already able to return in a limited way and this will continue for the remainder of Term 3.
While students under the age of 12 are currently not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, safety measures for students and their teachers will be carried out. These include:
- Separating student groups and staggering start, break and finishing times to reduce mingling
- Vaccination requirements for all teaching and non-teaching staff
- Review of ventilation in school learning spaces
- Mask-wearing by staff and older students where appropriate.
These measures, combined with increased hygiene and cleaning practices, are designed to ensure school environments remain safe for face-to-face learning for students.