Get set for our next In Conversation With… featuring Brad Morgan, Director of children’s mental health organisation Emerging Minds.
On Tuesday 5 July, you’ll have the chance to ask questions about children’s mental health and early intervention in this informative discussion time.
We’re also giving you the chance to send Fams your questions for our speaker in advance.
Brad Morgan is the Director of Emerging Minds: National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health.
The centre was established to assist professionals and organisations who work with children to identify, assess and support children at risk of mental health difficulties.
Emerging Minds develops mental health policy, services, interventions, training, programs and resources for professionals, children and their families.
In this session, Brad will share tips for building and supporting a range of practices and attitudes which focus on child mental health.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about a vital area of research in the next of our In Conversation With… series.
This informative session will be held from 1pm to 2pm via the Zoom link below. We hope you can join us to learn and network with others in our sector!
More about Brad Morgan
- He trained as an Occupational Therapist and worked in rural South Australia. During this time he had the opportunity to work alongside a team of people with a commitment to mental health promotion, prevention and the social determinants of health.
- Brad is passionate that supporting children’s mental health should be the responsibility of all health and welfare practitioners and organisations, whether they work directly with children or not.
- While working as Director of Children of Parents with a Mental Illness (COPMI), Brad made a significant contribution both nationally and internationally to improving mental health outcomes for infants, children, adolescents and their families. His relationships contributed to the evidence flow between international and Australian research and practice.
In Conversation With… Series
- Are you keen to hear from relevant experts with knowledge in topics relating to your work?
- Do you have questions to bring to the table that you haven’t known who to ask?
On the first Tuesday of every month, Fams hosts an online one hour In Conversation With… session featuring leading sector voices.
To date, some of our speakers have included Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons from Resilience NSW, The Hon Alister Henskens SC MP, Minister for Families, Communities and Disability Services, and Dr Kate da Costa, Alliance for Gambling Reform.
This is your chance to hear from people in your sector, speaking on the issues that matter most to you, and ask questions which are particularly relevant to the service you work in.
Join us to pause, connect and grow your understanding of family work.
This is your event, so feel free to send us any suggestions for upcoming speakers via email at [email protected]