How to respond to problems with an energy company

12 August 2021

 Did you know The Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) can help with if there are issues with an electricity, gas or water provider (in most cases)?

It is always best to try and sort out the problem with the provider first. In many cases, they can resolve the issue directly with the person. But if the problem isn’t fixed, consumers can contact the Ombudsman here.

Consumers can also request independent advice, find out about rebates, and ask for referrals to help with bill payment.

Consumers at risk of disconnection can also call 1800 246 545.

EWON also offers free online information sessions for clients and workers, and helpful information about energy provision in NSW. If you would like to organise this, please email [email protected].