The Physical Disability Council of Australia (PDCN) will host several workshops designed to help communities build their resilience and assertiveness skills.
The first workshop on Tuesday 4th May (10am to 12.15pm) will offer strategies and tips for speaking up for yourself. It answers the following questions:
- What is self-advocacy?
- How do you do it?
- Why do you need it?
- What are the best ways to communicate?
The second workshop on Tuesday 11th May (10am to 12.15pm) will help people wanting to self-manage their NDIS plan. It will look at the benefits of this approach, and what you can spend the funds on. Register here.
The final workshops run by PDCN will be a two-part series on resilience, held on Friday 21st and Friday 28th May.
This free two-part workshop will:
- Identify stressors and negativity biases
- Recognise our responses and their impact
- Identify ways to build skills and mindsets
- Further develop strengths and skills in resilience; and
- Provide you with tools to use outside the workshop.