Fams is hiring!
As our Office Manager and Communications Lead, you will work for a socially impactful state-wide advocacy organisation!
Fams is a leading Peak NSW organisation that advocates for and provides practical support to not-for-profit organisations which deliver responsive and flexible early intervention services for children, young people, families and communities at risk of vulnerability. Children and family safety, health, and wellbeing is at the heart of Fams’ work with our members.
Led by new CEO Susan Watson and supported by a small, dedicated team of sector professionals, this full-time role based in Darlinghurst ensures the smooth operation of the Fams office and excellence in engagement with our sector, partners and stakeholders.
Reporting to the CEO your role will manage a wide variety of Fams administration requirements and support Fams to implement their engagement, relationships and communication strategies including diary, email , meetings co-ordination and managing events.
You will take the lead in managing Fams’ website and social media channels, ensuring the positive reputation of Fams to the Fams Network as well as preparing positioning papers, annual reports and newsletters.
Ideally you will:
1. Be an autonomous self-starter who will proactively drive tasks to completion, with limited guidance
2. Demonstrate effectiveness in managing a diverse portfolio of work activities, juggling priorities and meeting deadlines.
3. Demonstrate experience in administration support during meetings and ensuring actions are followed up
4. Have excellent customer service skills & written communications skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit different communications media and audiences
5. Social media and event coordination management experience
6. Knowledge and experience with website maintenance (WordPress), social media and online forums with a capacity to troubleshoot
7. Computer literacy across the Microsoft suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Monday.com, Supporter Hub, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and cloud-based collaboration tools
8. Flexible, positive attitude; willingness to get involved in the day to day, both big and small.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume Now
Please reach out with an email to Fams’ CEO Susan Watson, for the opportunity to undertake this critical role supporting the family services sector.